01708 776 050 info@harrietellis.com

How will Brexit affect NEBDN Qualified Dental Nurses Moving to the EU in future?

With the uncertainty of Brexit looming and threatening negative knock on effects in many industries thousands of Students have been left questioning whether their qualification will still transfer into EU countries in the future. 

The good news is that while there isn’t a definitive decision whether all qualifications will remain to be transferable to other countries, and it doesn’t look like we’ll have a decision any time soon, anyone moving can request for their individual Certificate to be approved.

Recognition of professional qualifications

Administrative procedures and documents needed

The procedures to access a regulated profession in another EU country depend on whether:

  • You want to settle in the host country and practise your profession there (establishment): in this case, recognition of your qualifications is needed
  • You only want to temporarily provide services there: in this case, you will only need to make a written preliminary declaration. If your profession has serious health or safety implications however, your host country could do a prior check of your qualifications.

To learn more about the rules that apply in your case, contact the national authority responsible for access to your profession in your host country.

Check out the regulated professions database, which can tell you which professions are regulated in which EU countries and by which authorities.

You need to know the name of the job in the local language: if you want to work as a baker in Germany, search for “Bäcker” in the database.

If your profession is regulated in your home country, you can also first search for it in your own language to find the English translation provided in the description; then search on the English name, to get the other countries where it is regulated. If the country you want to move to does not appear, it may mean that the profession is not regulated there.

If you don’t find your profession in the database, you can contact the national contact points for professional qualifications in the country where you want to work. They can help you identify the competent authority and which documents you need to submit.

If you’d like to read more about it you can visit the following link for further details.

EU Qualification Recognition

Practice Support

This area contains information for Practices who have employed a Trainee Dental Nurse

Online Classroom

Participate in interactive online classes for Harriet Ellis students