Who this course is for:
- Dental nurses
- Dental Hygienists
In order to undertake the qualification, a dental nurse, therapist or hygienist must:
- Be registered with the General Dental Council
- Have the support of their employing dentist to act as supervisor and validate the workplace activities for the Record of Competence
- Be registered with an approved Training Provider
The Curriculum for the Certificate in Dental Radiography, approved by the British Society of Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology (BSDMFR), reflects the theoretical knowledge and practical skills which a dental nurse directly involved in x-raying patients needs to develop in order to comply with the legislation.
To achieve this qualification you will need the following
- Successful completion of NEBDN Record of Competence which includes the compilation of 3x1000 word case studies
- Achieve pass mark in the NEBDN final examination
The Cost of the Course is £805.00 including ROC and Exam.
- Radiation Physics
- Electromagnetic Spectrum
- Background Radiation – natural and man-made
- Production of X-rays
- Relationship of Energy, frequency and wavelength
- Properties of Radiation
- Attenuation of Ionising Radiation.
- Factors affecting Attenuation
- Scattering and Absorption
- Biological effects of Radiation
- Risks/benefits of Radiation
- Dose Optimisation