Who this course is for:
- Dental nurses
In order to undertake the qualification, a dental nurse, therapist or hygienist must:
- Be registered with the General Dental Council
- Have the support of their employing dentist to act as supervisor and validate the
- workplace activities for the Record of Competence
- Be registered with an approved Training Provider
The Curriculum for the Certificate in Oral Health, approved by the NEBDN, covers skills such as being able to describe, explain, identify and demonstrate. This demonstrates the level of understanding which would be required by candidates.
This course covers
- Principles of Oral Health
- Instructional Techniques
- Oral Health Promotion
Practical training will be undertaken in dental practice under the supervision of a dentist or in Dental Radiography Departments in Dental Hospitals.
To achieve this qualification you will need the following:
- Successful completion of NEBDN Record of Competence which includes the compilation of an experience log, 2 x extended case studies and the delivery of an exhibiton
- Achieve pass mark in the NEBDN final examination
The Cost of the Course is £805.00 including ROC and Exam Fees.
- Delivering Oral Health Methods
- Implementation of Oral Health Education
- Dental Structures, Physiology and Anatomy
- Oral Diseases and Prevention
- Society and Oral Health