Certificate in Dental Radiography
Our Certificate in Dental Radiography is a qualification suitable for dental nurses, therapists and hygienists who are required to x-ray patients under the direction of a dentist. The need for this arises from the Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations
Who this course is for:
- Dental nurses
- Dental Hygienists
In order to undertake the qualification, a dental nurse, therapist or hygienist must:
- Be registered with the General Dental Council
- Have the support of their employing dentist to act as supervisor and validate the workplace activities for the Record of Experience
- Be registered with an approved Training Provider
The Curriculum for the Certificate in Dental Radiography, approved by the British Society of Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology (BSDMFR), reflects the theoretical knowledge and practical skills which a dental nurse directly involved in x-raying patients needs to develop in order to comply with the legislation.
This course covers
- Radiation physics
- Radiation Protection
- X-ray apparatus and equipment
- Film types, intensifying screens, darkroom requirements and processing
- Digital imagery
- Practical training will be undertaken in dental practice under the supervision of a dentist or in Dental Radiography Departments in Dental Hospitals.
To achieve this qualification you will need the following
- Successful completion of NEBDN Record of Experience which includes the compilation of 3x1000 word case studies
- Achieve pass mark in the NEBDN final examination
The Cost of the Course is £805.00 including ROE and Exam.
- Radiation Physics
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Background radiation – natural and man-made
- Production of X-rays
- Relationship of energy, frequency and wavelength
- Properties of radiation
- Attenuation of ionising radiation.
- Factors affecting attenuation
- Scattering and absorption
- Biological effects of radiation
- Risks/benefits of radiation
- Dose optimisation
ImagesNo images found
No reviews for this course. Please login and post a review if you've attended this course.
At Harriet Ellis we believe that a Dental Nursing career does not have to end once fully qualified. There are a number post registration courses that we offer. These courses can help to further enhance your career and help maximise your earning potential. Our Certificate in Dental Radiography is ideal for Dental Nurses looking to progress their field of work.